Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Small world

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently sold 2 pilgrim sets, from my e-bay sales, to a woman in Santa Barbara, CA. She e-mailed me a question. While answering her. I told her I lived there as a teen, and had graduated from Jr High and High school there. To make this a short story, it turned out her husband was my principal in High School. He even remembered me. By the way I'm the only one in my family that has moved from CA. We left 24 years ago.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's amazing! Even more amazing that she, too, likes AG! I love funny stories like this! I have one, too!

    When I was in after school daycare, I think I was about 11 when this happened, I was going to spend the night at one of my friends' houses, and when her dad was signing us both out, he looked at my last name and asked if I had any relatives named Micheal, my uncle. Turns out they went to high school together.

    I really love these stories, it really makes it seem like there aren't some 6.5 billion people in the world!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member allthingsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also love these stories. When I was working as a personnel consultant I was interviewing a young woman. I thought she looked familiar and I recognized her name. It turns out she was the daughter of a high school boyfriend. It definitely is a small world.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I had two similar experiences in England of all places. The first time I went, I met this girl who was also from the states, and we chatted and became really good friends. One day, I was talking to my cousin, and it turned out my new friend's dad was his math teacher! The other happened the second time I went, and that time I went with my boyfriend (loooooong since broken up, btw, lol) and we're walking around Trafalgar square, and while trying to take a picture, he literally backs into another girl from our highschool. We didn't even know she was going abroad that summer!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is a small world.

    I wanted to tell you I really like your pilgrim outfits. They are so cute. Are they listed on ebay?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    mayergirl- a similar thing happened to a friend of mine in Italy. She bumped into someone on the street, went to apologize and realized it was girl who sat in the back of her math class!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    mollygirl, I sent you a PM about the pilgrims.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very small world!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't these stories give you hope for finding your soulmate? (I subscribe to the belief that soulmates need not be romantic, but also friends, of course.)

    Last winter, when my partner and I went to NYC for grad school interviews, I ran into a classmate on the sidewalk near St. Mark's Place. How odd! Previously, when I was living in Ukraine, I met a Peace Corps volunteer from a town not far from my own hometown.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I interviewed for a job in Boston and the guy interviewing me said he was the son of a missionary. Turned out that he was my brother-in-law's roommate in high school at the Canadian Academy in Japan many years before. Waaaaay small world...

    I always figured that this kind of stuff happened because there are really only 10,000 people in the world. All of these huge numbers that the statisticians quote are nothing more than cardboard cut-outs put up to make us think that there are more people...

    Taffy

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 03, 2005 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Taffy Cheerful ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •